DARPA 60주년을 기념하여, 아래와 같이 'DARPA Rising event'를 진행한다고 합니다.
젊고 유능한 과학자와 공학자들의 참여를 부탁드립니다.
마감 기간: 2018년 4월 16일
* Fedral Agency Name: DARPA/I2O
* ABOUT DARPA RISING: DARPA RISING is intended as an intimate event for current DARPA management and a small, elite group of early career scientists and engineers whom we personally identify. DARPA RISING will be a unique opportunity for those selected to present their ideas to directly DARPA; and for Program Managers to identify future superstars to be introduced to colleagues across the agency. The event is designed to showcase new people and ideas. Submissions are also welcome from individuals from beyond the pool of current DARPA performers or from organizations, companies, and universities around the globe that may not have established or deep connections to the current DARPA.
DARPA RISING will be the morning of September 5, 2018.
The event consists of a poster session, in which the nominee presents a poster (48”x48”) on their ideas. Posters will be judged by DARPA PMs. The top 10 posters will be selected for a “lightning presentation” to the entire audience (i.e., the nominee will also need to have prepared 1‐to‐5 slides in whatever format they wish for a 5 minute presentation). The top 3 presentations will receive a DARPA Director’s Award and the remaining 7 will receive honorable mention. The top 3 presentations will also get an opportunity to present their talk to the entire DARPA 60 audience on Friday, September 7.
* ELIGIBILITY: At the time of nomination to the DARPA Rising Event, the nominee must be in the beginning of his or her independent research career, which for these purposes is defined as:
1) A graduate student, post‐doc (if at a University) or professional (if at a company, laboratory or non‐profit) not more than five years since receiving his or her highest educational degree (i.e., Ph.D., M.S., or equivalent); and
2) Not yet held the position of Principal Investigator on a competitively awarded federal grant or contract.
Other characteristics of an excellent nominee include (a) the potential to perform innovative research at the frontiers of science and technology relevant to the mission of DARPA; (b) a commitment to service to our nation, as demonstrated through scientific leadership, education, or community outreach; (c) potential to be a future DARPA PI or even PM.
* REQUEST: If you are interested in being nominated, please send the following information to Carey and Julie no later than April 16 at Noon EDT.
1) A resume or curriculum vitae for the nominee with, minimally, their degrees and dates (there are no format requirements here, it is assumed that the nominee actually does have a resume/CV so, in order to minimize collective workload they can use whatever they have already on hand and prepared);
2) A 1‐page title/abstract describing what they would want to present at DARPA RISING. This can be a wholly new concept, an extension of existing work, an idea for a DARPA program, a Heilmeier‐questions‐inspired description of an opportunity, or other narrative. It is expected that the nominating PM will provide guidance to the nominee as to how to structure their ideas.
* Agency contact: email@example.com